Olivia was absolutely shocked last night when she was playing on my bed and her toe magically appeared from within her footed pajamas.
"This is the little piggy who went to market, right Mom???"" . . .And he says "oink, oink". "
With the arrival of fall, I am trying to winterize Olivia's closet and get her ready for the cold weather that quickly approaches. It's actually a little bit of work. I'm in the process of packing away all the summer items I know she'll never fit into again and deciding which winter items from last year must make their way to our storage attic upstairs as well. The pajama drawer has taken a back seat, as witnessed by the picture above. While I definitely need to send some things to storage, I need to buy my kiddo some new jammies to replace them, as well.
I get way too sentimental with Olivia's clothing. For instance, I can tell you that the Slater girls gave Olivia the Minnie Mouse pajamas she is wearing in the picture above at her church shower when she was only 2&1/2 months old. I remember thinking, "adorable, but size 12 months, I'm sure she won't need these for a long time". Olivia wore her Minnie pj's for the first time the following fall (just last year), when Aunt Gloria, Uncle Bob, and Greg came to visit us for her birthday. This fall, when the weather turned cold and I pulled them out, she recognized "Minnie Mouse" for the time. These are NOT just pajamas, they are part of Olivia's infant/toddlerhood!!!
Maybe one of these days I'll be able to sort through and part with some of Olivia's infant outfits. However, I think it might just be awhile. Every time I open a container I end up marveling at how little her clothes once were and how big and independent my baby girl has become.

Oh, how I understand! I was able to tell people who had given my girls what outfit, etc. I loved the way they would toddle in a certain outfit, or where we went while in a different outfit. It was hard to let go of things until all three girls were here and then we just didn't have room to store it all. So for the girls I saved each of them their dedication dress, what they wore home from the hospital and two outfits that just seemed to have the most "memory power" for me. Now, we play hand me down with the clothes between the sisters and don't save much if anything when we are done. BTW, I remember those jammies. I am glad she liked them!
ReplyDeleteI totally understand! My garage is full of bins of clothes that I just can't get rid of. Thankfully, Makenna is continuing the cuteness of Katelyn's clothes!
ReplyDeleteI can feel your pain. I have boxes and boxes of my daughter's clothes still stacked in the garage. It's hard to let them go, so instead, I "lend" them to others who have baby girls. I don't care if I get them back or not. I just feel more comfortable with the idea of lending them to a good home than selling them to strangers.
ReplyDeleteCheck out Costco - they have those great Carter's foot jammies. Landon still loves the footie jammies.
ReplyDelete