We were getting ready to go to the pool today and Olivia wrapped her towel around her head to frame her face and said, "Look, Mom, I'm Mary!". My heart melted. Then I ran to grab the camera. I was too late, and she was not about to recreate the moment. As Moms we try so hard to remember and treasure every moment, to hold tight before they slip away to be replaced by new memories. I wish my mind was capable of remembering every sweet word she says, but unfortunately I already find myself forgetting.
So, just for today, Sunday, July 19, 2009, here are some of the memories I'm clinging to:
1. My two and a half year old invited me to her birthday about half a dozen times today; she uninvited me when she got upset with me several times. Her birthday is four months away. She already has her guest list made in her head, and she plans on having balloons.
2. We playfully argued about whether Aunt Mindi is my sister or her sister.
3. When Olivia says her brother's name, she barely pronounces the first "s"; it sounds like she says "Pencer". It makes me smile. "Pencer is crying Mom. He needs you!"
4. When we go to the pool Olivia likes to pretend she is a tiger chasing me. Then she likes to reverse roles, so that I am the tiger chasing her. "Tiger gonna get you!"
5. Olivia loves to dance. "Dance, Mom, Come Dance! You, too, Dad!" When Richard took her CD player to a paint job earlier this week, she was very upset her dance music was gone. She's now charging Dad for the use of her music; her piggy bank is filling up:)!
6. She is starting to call our dog by his real name, "Dodger". Sometimes she'll yell, "Bad dog, Dodger. BAD BOY!!!". She used to call him "Dodder". I loved it and I miss it!
7. Olivia loves to sing. When she sings "Jesus Loves Me", she mixes the verses up but does great on the chorus. She also sings "Tinkle, Tinkle Little Star", which I have captured on video.
8. When we arrive at day care she takes off her shoes, gives me a hug, and goes to the top of the stairs and calls to her friends, "Hey guys, I'm here!" in a sing-song way I love to hear.
9. She already has a best friend, Erin, which she pronounces "Ewin".
10. When she gets upset at me, she'll say, "Mom, YOU hurt my feelings," or, "Mom, mad at you!"
11. She tries to spell her name, but usually she gets all the letters after "O" in the wrong order. O-I-L-I-V-A
12. She has given my Mom a special name. I don't have to write it down because the sweet way she says it makes it unforgetable in my mind.
13. And finally, some of my favorite phrases to remember: "Hel-lo Mom-my!", "Good job, Mom! I'm proud of you!", "Too, Mom, Too. . . Love you, too!","Whole world, Mom, whole world!".
I know Salvation through God's Son, Christ Jesus, is the best gift God ever gave us, and I know my true treasure should be stored up in heaven. Children are the second greatest gift.

Krista you are such a good mom and dear friend. I love reading your inspirational blogs. You have such a good message and are always so positive. Thanks for being you and for sharing! Love you friend!
ReplyDelete