Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Four of my favorites!

These are four of my favorite, recent Olivia memories.

1. Olivia loves to sing songs. . . Christian songs, Hannah Montana songs, and my personal favorite, songs she makes up herself. Sometimes "Olivia originals" are to the tune of something she heard recently, and sometimes she makes up both the tune and the words. Either way, I love to hear her sing and watch her twirl around the house. I might also mentions she "reads" to herself. You never know what is going to happen in Olivia's fairy tales.

2. For Richard's birthday, we went to Red Robin for dinner. Olivia absolutely loved the entire evening (we don't go out to eat as a family a whole lot, you see). Richard and I decided from here on out we would go out to eat for birthdays, and we were both talking it up with Olivia; we naturally assumed she would pick Red Robin for her big day. After all, every time we drive by she reminds us it's where we went for Richard's birthday. On the afternoon of her birthday, she decided she wanted to go to "Donald's". Oh yes, my four year old was adamant that she wanted a happy meal for her birthday and there was absolutely no changing her mind- believe me, Richard really tried. We were both actually really proud of her for persistence. She would not be swayed and would accept nothing less than "Donald's.

3. Sometimes when I am upset, I'll say "son of gun". Olivia heard me and asked me what I said. I decided I didn't really want to repeat myself. She laughed, "I know what you said, Mom... Cinnamon Gum". We both ended up laughing and now when she's frustrated I will hear her say, "Cinnamon Gum."

4. She loves to color, finger paint, put puzzles together, and read. Here are some more of her loves I don't want to forget: Sponge Bob and "smoovees" (smoothies- from Costco) that she and her dad make at night, singing Hannah Montana Forever songs with her mom in the car, watching Peter Pan and pretending she is Wendy with her Grandpa Tucker, aka Grandpa Ed, watching out for her little brother who tries to do just about everything she does, loving on Grandma Tootie. She is such a sweet, sweet girl. I'm so glad God made me her Mom.

Okay, so number four ended up being a conglomeration, but there's just so much I want to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment