
Special. Spencer is special for so many reasons. I can't even begin to count them all. The most obvious reason is because he is a child of God. God created his inmost being and knit him together in my womb. He was fearfully and wonderfully made; God's works are wonderful (Psalm 139:13-14). Spencer is one of those wonderful works. He brings a special joy to our family that no other person could bring. Other "s" words that come to mind in describing our little man... silly and stubborn!
Precious. Our little boy is a precious gift from God. We feel so incredibly blessed that God chose us to be his parents. I can't possibly imagine life without his smile, his laughter, his attitude, or his love.
Expressive Expressions. Spencer has the greatest facial expressions ever! You know exactly what he is thinking because it's usually written all over his face. When he's happy, his smile lights up a room. When he's mad, there's no mistaking it. If his face doesn't say it all, you'll know by his scream. When he wants to entertain, he can do it in a heartbeat with the change of his expression.
Nothing but Boy. When I found out I was having a boy, I was scared. I knew nothing about little boys. I never dreamed how much fun it would be to learn, and I am so glad God provided me the chance to enjoy a boy! He enjoys anything with wheels, anything that makes loud sounds, anything involving risk and possible injury, anything involving getting dirty, and he just loves playing ball with Dodger.
Character. Spencer loves to ham it up and entertain, making every one in the room his audience. He is already considered the "class clown" (2 other "c" words) at daycare. He does a terrific (and very realistic, I might add) fire engine siren sound, as well as truck, car, and various farm animal sounds to entertain his audiences. Did I mention the kid can sing and dance? Favorite songs include The B-I-B-L-E (his favorite part is yelling BIBLE at the end), If You're Happy and You Know It, Head, Shoulders, Knees, Toes, and the Fire Truck Song. If he hasn't got your attention yet, he'll be sure to pull up his shirt and show off his big belly.
Energetic. I think this probably goes along with being a toddler and a boy. He's got enough energy to keep his Dad, his Mom, and his Big Sister going all day long. He enjoys imitating his sister and doing everything she does.
Radiant Smile. Happiness and joy just radiate from this little boy. His excitement for life is incredible. He lights up my whole world with his smile and laughter. When he thinks he's in trouble, he'll sometimes give me this sweet little grin, knowing he's going to melt my heart just enough to reduce his punishment.


No comments:
Post a Comment