Saturday, April 16, 2011

Planting Flowers

I tried planting flowers about 3 years ago and few of them lived over a month... Those that did survive had all their petals blown off in one of our many wind storms by early summer. There's just not an ounce of green in my thumb. But, thanks to Richard's prompting, we made a trip to Home Depot today and we are trying again!
I asked Olivia for a picture and she gave a great big "cheese".


Here's an bit more natural shot. One of the flowers in the back is a snap dragon. I am really, really hoping it grows well. We planted it close to the house, so it should get quite a bit of shade. I remember a beautiful snap dragon in our back yard growing up; it was always one of my favorite flowers. Even better, it came back every year, if I remember right, with not a whole lot of care. Time will tell, but I hope our flowers do well!!!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful with that phlox and cut it way back every year, unless you want a fantastic ground cover. But it looks like all your choices are really hardy plants. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete