Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Puppy Named "Dad"

I love this age.  Minus the temper tantrums, which all too often come as a result of inability to communicate completely, I love almost everything about age 2.  I love that Spencer is just starting to put small phrases together into sentences.  Today Olivia was pretending she was a puppy named Snowflake (sometimes, she is a puppy named Sparkle).  Pretty soon I had a second puppy.  When I asked his name, he told me "Dad".  Man, I love these kids!

Some of my other favorite Spencer phrases include: 
1. "Whoooaaaa!" 
2. "MINE!" 
3. "NOT done!" 
4. "Go home" (when he's done shopping)
5. "I'll help"
6. "I did it!"
7.  "Side! Side!" or "Pay! Pay!" (when he want to go outside to play)
8.  "My turn!" Which is often followed by "Livia!".  His sister's name has gone from "Ohha", to "Viva", to "Livia". 
9.  "Dodder! Nennel!" when he is trying to get Dodger in his kennel.  I also hear,  "Dodder, Baa Do (short a and short o vowel sounds) for "Dodger, Bad Dog!", and "Dodder Did It!".
10.  "I Pway," when he wants to pray at meal time or bed time.  This is immediately followed by "Gama. Amen."  Next, Olivia says sternly, "Spencer, you are supposed to pway for everyone in our family, not just Grama!".

No comments:

Post a Comment