Spencer starts to share many of his thoughts with the phrase "I've got two things to say." Usually the first one is, "ummm, ummmm, ummmm"...... and the thought. The second thing is often "I love you." Pretty great to hear. I'm writing down two things he said over the weekend that I never want to forget.
1. We were driving to a baseball game and Spencer was drinking juice. The kids have been fighting a lot lately, and our conversation went something like this:
Olivia: "Mom, I want the juice. Spencer is just holding it and I don't have anything to hold. I never have anything to hold."
Me: "Spencer, please share the juice with your sister."
Spencer: "I'm drinking it." He decides to take a sip or two. Then, at my second request, gives it to his sister. Olivia drops the juice within 30 seconds of taking it.
Olivia: "Mom I dropped the juice."
Spencer:" Mom, Livia dropped the juice."
Me: "That's why you don't get to hold the juice."
Spencer: "That's why you don't get to hold the juice, Livia." Try to sense the sarcasm.
Olivia:"Mom, Spencer is repeating everything."
Me: "I don't need you to repeat everything, Spencer."
Spencer: "But Mom, I'm a parrot."
Maybe you had to be there, but that last line had me laughing on the inside. I'd been getting so tired of the constant bickering, and he made me smile with his innocence.
2. The other night before bed, when Richard was working, Olivia, Spencer, and I had just finished praying. We were talking about how the Jesus in Olivia's heart could not fight the Jesus in Spencer's heart. Olivia accepted Jesus into her heart last year, and I am praying hard about the day Spencer does the same. Spencer pipes up and says, very matter-of-factly, "Mom, I would ask Jesus in my heart, but I just haven't seen him lately."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment