Temperatures were in the 80s this weekend, and we had planned to use our new co-pilot and go on a bike ride.
However, somehow I got a crazy notion to plant a raised garden. I started with the idea I would plant a few vegetables in pots. My idea grew... Grama Tootie says it's the Hosig in me. Richard built me the boxes planter boxes and helped me prepare the area. We are calling it my Mother's Day present (it turned out to be a lot of work!). Richard and I enjoyed it so much we actually did a second garden above this one. Hopefully we will be eating strawberries, watermelon, tomatoes, cantalope, cucumbers, and maybe squash this summer.
As cute as these two are, they really weren't much help.
I guess you would say they helped with the watering.
...and had an absolute blast doing it.
What day would be complete without my Spencer finding trouble. We came inside from our hard work and Spencer had decided to help himself to Doritos for a snack. He's pretty independent these days and doesn't like to ask for help reaching things.... and this is often the result. Gotta love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment