Monday, September 15, 2008

Our First Summer Vacation Came to Us

We had the best time this summer when Uncle Bob and Aunt Gloria came to Idaho for their summer vacation. They brought their two daughters, Daphnie and Candice, their son, Greg, and Candice's boyfriend, Karl. It was so much fun!!! We did the things we always say sound like fun but don't get around to doing, like Roaring Springs Water Park and floating the Boise River. Just visiting with them in the evenings was an unforgettable treat.

I took but five pictures to Aunt Gloria's 150 photos. She is an amazing Aunt. Even though I am a month behind and summer is over, I had to include a few shots because we had so much fun. I wish their vacation didn't have to end and we could do it again!



"Just chillin' at Roaring Springs with Aunt Gloria, Uncle Bob, and the stuffed doggy in the gift shop window I conned Aunt Gloria into buying for me!"
Aunt Gloria and Uncle Bob let Richard and I play on water slides all day long while they watched Olivia. What a treat for us! I just had to keep an eye out to make sure Olivia got enough to eat between the Dippin Dots and Elephant Ears:) Did I mention Gloria took over 100 pictures that day???

"Mmmm. . . I just can't quite get the whole thing in my mouth, but I won't give up."

"This must be brain freeze."
Candice and Karl are models. They are both so down-to-earth and fun to be around, you wouldn't guess they were models. . . unless you looked at them:). Olivia took to them both immediately, even before they offered her ice cream (now that doesn't happen often!). Candice is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside; that's saying A LOT!!!


Drinking buddies! I probably should have checked on Olivia a bit more:)
"Oh my goodness, I am soooo tired, Cousin Daphnie!"

Olivia was crazy about her new friend, Cousin Daphnie. I enjoyed Daphnie just as much. She graduated from Pacific University in Oregon. Now she lives in Portland and works for the American Red Cross. Daphnie is just a genuine, kind, and fun person to be around.

"It's a new day and I'm bursting with energy once again! Look out Boise airport!"



"Okay, Greg-o, I'll give you a pat on the back for that!"
Richard had a good time reconnecting with his only guy cousin, Greg, a 10th grader who acts as mature as a college freshman, in my opinion. Really, how many high-schoolers enjoy their 21-month-old cousin. It was fun to see Greg and Richard together.

1 comment:

  1. i love the picture of her eating the cone. so cute!

    sounds like a great visit!

    ReplyDelete