I really, really wanted to announce the arrival of our little boy on my 100th post. I'm afraid if I wait until he decides to make his appearance, I may only get three or four posts done for the entire month of February. We (especially me) are getting very excited to meet our new family member in person. For the time being, the on-line scrapbooking must go on, as Olivia is providing me with some great material.
Let me preface this post by saying I am not writing about potty training. I'm simply sharing a cute story I want to remember.
Mornings when I have to be to work by nine are a bit rushed at our house, especially when Richard is working. My goal is to leave the house by 8:30; this usually means we are on buckled and rolling out of the garage by 8:40. This morning I was putting the finishing touches on my make-up at 8:28 when Olivia comes in and says, "Mom, come, I go poo". I tried to hide my disappointment. Going poo usually takes about 15 minutes, at least. What kind of a mother thinks to herself, "Should I just tell her to go in her pants this one time?". After all, poo at home at 8:30 AM is a guaranteed tardy at work. I patiently followed Olivia into her bathroom and could not have been more pleasantly surprised to find Jocelyn on Olivia's potty chair. Jocelyn, my favorite doll, earned a sticker for the day! Way to go Jocelyn! Yes, I made it on time to work, and on a Monday to boot.
Even Jocelyn is joining in on potty time fun!How on earth will I ever have 2 kiddos ready for work and Miss Margie's by 8:30???. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment