The Giving Thanks Challenge is over, but it sure was a great reminder of all I have to be thankful for. This year I regretted not being able to look back on the things I counted as blessings in 2008, so I am not making the mistake again.
Above all, I am thankful for Jesus Christ and the salvation He brings. I am thankful that I am a new creation in Him; my sins are wiped clean because he bore them on Calvary. I am thankful He call me His own and desires a personal relationship with me. I am thankful for His Word.
I am thankful for my husband and my children, Olivia and Spencer. They bring more joy into my life than I ever imagined possible, and loving them makes life worth living. I am also thankful for my extended family . . . my wonderful parents, my sister, and my new brother-in-law. . . grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. . . I could go on for a very long time.
There were so many little things I counted as blessings. They included:
-Spencer's laugh
-Olivia's loving nature
-a visit from an old friend (JS)
-a date with my husband
-a visit from family
-quiet evenings at home
-Miss Margie (she provides love and care every day) - she is my Mrs. Fox
-those who fight to protect the freedoms of our country
-doctors
-medicines (antibiotic to treat ear infections)
-days off work to be with sick babies
-job opportunities
-Spencer's waves, claps, and laughs
-bedtime stories, prayers, and lullabies
-three wonderful years with my beautiful Olivia
-an incredible work schedule
-friends at work (BP)
-Olivia's big birthday party
-loving friends to celebrate special occasions
-freedom to worship
-loving Sunday School teachers
-Spencer's two front teeth coming through
-the adorable things Olivia says, i.e. "My birthday's not coming up, it's going down"
-Costco pumpkin pie
-fun times decorating gingerbread houses
-Black Friday shopping because it's fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment