Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Fall" Entertainment

As I said in my last post, fall isn't near as much fun for me as summer. It's a bit harder to find fun things to do. We were enjoying a really pleasant evening outside tonight, and Richard had an idea the kids loved. We wanted to see if Dodger would enjoy a trip or five down the slide.
Ready,
Set,
GO!
Please know, I truly love Dodger. He was my birthday present in 2007, the year after Richard and I got married; I treated him like a child until I actually had kids. He graduated from Scotch Pines obedience school. . . barely, and at the bottom of his class. We got a diploma only because we showed up. It was a frustrating 12 weeks for me, and Richard thought it was hilarious. I worked with Dodger for 15-30 minutes EVERY night, and it was all we could do to get through. Dodger is very stubborn, as the instructor told me all Cocker spaniels are. That being said, we still treat him like family; the dog goes outside to the backyard for potty breaks and that's it. This summer he has run away on several occasions, taken many romps through the field next to our house and rolled in cow manure, chased the neighbors dogs through their own front yard... the list goes on. You call for him to come back, he looks at you, turns his back to you, and runs faster. We really do love Dodger... but we felt a little pay back was in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment