Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Special Friends

Sometimes God puts special people in our lives. Kim is one of my special people. Our dads have been best friends for over 50 years. They once lived next door to each other and played together, and now they work together and hunt together; soon they will probably retire at about the same time. I'm certain 50 years ago they'd never have dreamed their grandkids would play together!

I was born in December and Kim was born the following year in July, and we grew up together, too. We went to the same daycare and pre-school. Kim and her little sister would ride to Sunday school with us every Sunday morning for years. We went to high school together, graduated together, and shared a dorm our first year of college. Then I went to pharmacy school in Pocatello, and soon she was soon in med school in Missouri. I was in her wedding in August 1998; she was in mine in August 2004. Now she is back in northern Idaho and we are both Moms, together. She has two beautiful girls, Isabel, born one year and one day after Olivia, and Katherine, born just three weeks ago. We were lucky enough to see her this weekend on our trip "home". How I hope our kids can share a special friendship! She's an amazing person and I'm so glad she'll always be my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment