Friday, May 6, 2011

Prayer Requests of a Four-Year-Old...

She has the sweetest heart. She really does. I wish my heart was as pure and innocent as my daughter's. The other night when Olivia was saying her bedtime prayers, she asked God to please "be with her and have fun with her in her day tomorrow". My heart melted at that moment. I don't think I've ever prayed that prayer. I forget that my Saviour actually wants to spend the days, hours, and minutes of my everyday life, with me, enjoying me, celebrating my family's joys and sharing in my sorrows. I get caught up in the wrongs and rights, the black and white, what I should or shouldn't do. I forget to ask Him to enjoy the time he has given me on this earth with me.



I'm trying to learn from my 4-year-old. I'm trying not to forget to ask Jesus to have fun with me when I start each day. Thank you, Olivia, for reminding me one of the things that Jesus desires for me each day. He blessed my life so much when He made me Mom to you and Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment