Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Puppy's Shoes

We were late a our friend's birthday today because Puppy could not leave the house without shoes.


Olivia decided, after I painstakingly tied them, that they were too big.


So I dug through her old baby clothes and found these bunny slippers.


I am trying my best to enjoy my kids, and like Olivia prayed, just have fun spending the day with them and my Saviour. It can be tough when there's a time crunch, Puppy's shoes fit wrong and Olivia requires a certain color to relace them, birthday parties replace naps, Spencer drives his four-wheeler off the retaining wall, and the kids walk on my car seat with their shoes and Dorito fingers.


But at the end of the day, I treasure my photos of pink-slippered Puppy, the gracious birthday hostess appreciated the extra time to prepare, party memories with friends win out over naps hands down, and Spencer learned to clearly say the word "elbow" after his spill (he said it multiple times, mind you). And yes, my car is rid the winter dirt and mess (for a couple days). I am really hoping I can spend the summer showing my kids the love, grace, and patience my Saviour shows me. I want him to enjoy me when I interact with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment