Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"She Thinks We're Just Fishin'"

There was a popular country music song about a year ago called She Thinks We're Just Fishin'.  When I started looking at the pictures we took up the river last weekend, I kept coming back to the lyrics of that song.  I'm probably publishing way too many pictures of Olivia's first fish, but the excitement on her face just seems a bit different in every shot.

" I’m lost in her there holdin’ that pink rod and reel
She’s doin’ almost everything but sittin’ still
Talkin’ ‘bout her ballet shoes and training wheels"
"I say, “Daddy loves you, baby” one more time
She says, “I know. I think I got a bite.”
And all this laughin’, cryin, smilin’ dyin’ here inside’s
What I call, livin’"
She was sooo excited to reel in her first fish!
Can you see the joy on her face?  This was her very first fish!
Okay, excitement is over. 
She's a proud fishergirl, but there was no way she was going to touch her catch.

She ain’t even thinkin’ ‘bout
What’s really goin’ on right now
But I guarantee this memory’s a big’in
And she thinks we’re just fishin’

No comments:

Post a Comment