Monday, July 21, 2008

Fast Cars Say "Zooommmm"

My parents came to visit this weekend. They brought their classic Corvette for Boise's annual "Vette Fest". We loved having them here and made lots of fun memories watching Grandpa race.














"WOW". Now that's fast. Olivia watches her Grandpa race the quarter mile at Firebird Raceway in 14.2 seconds. That's over 100 miles per hour.

Grandpa Ed and his Quarter-mile Cutie
















Olivia and Grandma watch in anticipation as Mom and Grandpa get ready for autocross at Meridian Speedway. You race around the track, weaving your way through an obstacle course of cones, trying to complete the 1/4 mile course in as short of time as possible. Grandpa did it in 24.1 seconds, which is awesome. If we hadn't been racing against brand new Corvettes, the 1974 Stingray would have won. . . not that we're competitive or anything. (I know what you're thinking; don't worry, I wore a helmet.) He only scared me once!

1 comment:

  1. Olivia looks like she is having fun! Landon would have LOVED watching all those speed racers. We may have to go next year.

    I am glad you got in a visit with your family!

    ReplyDelete