Friday, January 2, 2009

Another Christmas Morning

How lucky can we get??? My parents came for New Year's and we got another Christmas morning. I say "we" because I think Richard and I were more disappointed when Olivia finished opening her gifts on December 25th than she was.


This face. . . Priceless!




Oh yeah . . . Of course I can see over the windshield! Look out Dodger!!!

"I might need a little help reaching the gas pedal now, Dad, but by next summer, just you wait!"
We ended up putting a pillow behind her back.

"I'm Jeepin' now!"
Grandma may have found the Jeep, but I bet I know who put it together!!!

The story behind the Jeep:
I had gone to WalMart at 5am on the Friday morning after Thanksgiving because I really wanted to get Olivia a Power Wheels Jeep. I arrived in plenty of time, or so I thought; I had no idea what I was in for. I lost valuable time because I went in the wrong entrance. There were no carts where I entered, and I knew I needed a cart to carry my prize gift to the checkout counter. Also, there were also no maps where I went in; at the time I didn't even know I needed a map. Long story short, my three minute delay cost me the Power Wheels Jeep.

What's a disappointed Black Friday shopper to do at 5am? Call Mom, of course. She was a time zone behind us. It was 4:10 there when I realized my dilemma; WalMart in Lewiston wouldn't open for another 50 minutes. "Don't take a shower, don't do your hair. . . go straight to WalMart and get your only grandchild the Power Wheels Jeep that her Mom failed her on." Those were my instructions; hopefully I said please. I don't think there's anyone else in the world you can call at 4am for such trivial things. She came through. Moms always do! I hope I get to be that kind of Mom someday! Thanks Grandma Linda! Love you!

2 comments:

  1. Now that's how you know you have an amazing mom, one who will do anything and bend backwards for her kids and grandkids. You are lucky and so is Olivia. Plus your dad is an amazing Grandpa too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome 'mom' story!

    ReplyDelete