Getting ready for some fancy fireworks. . .
Olivia is writing her name with her sparkler
Spencer is being an angel and keeping his sparkler out of his mouth.
Our Fourth of July was very laid back this year. On Saturday, July 3rd we went to Caldwell's parade with some friends. Olivia and Spencer watched their dad drive the fire truck in the parade, which they really enjoyed. Then we played at the park; the kids enjoyed a small petting zoo (which included a baby kangaroo and a very sickly looking zebra) and a couple different bouncy houses as well. Since Richard worked the 4th and I worked the 5th, I didn't take the kids out to any fireworks show late on the Fourth. I think Rich felt sorry for the kids and our less than spectacular celebration. He bought them some sparklers which we didn't even have time to use until 3 days later. Since I forgot my camera at the parade, I'm stuck blogging about sparklers we lit after the holiday. I learned this year that Declaration of Independence was actually signed until August 2, 1776, almost a month after it's July Fourth adoption, so I guess sparklers 3 days late isn't too terrible. Happy Independence Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment