I started my blog over two years ago thinking it would be a great way to keep family up to date. All of the family I am closest to are so far away; I wanted them to see my kids as they grew. I hated the thought of them missing so much. I am not crafty. I started a scrapbook of my wedding and never made it past my bridal shower. I wanted to include everything, every person who attended, every game played; I was never happy with how a single page turned out. When Olivia was born, I got a scrapbook, baby stickers, pink pages, the whole nine yards. I even had a table set up upstairs for all my extra maternity leave time (ha, now that's funny to look back on). However, I never got started. Just filling out her baby book was a challenge! I knew I'd never be able to include enough pictures or information in a scrapbook, and I'd go broke trying not to miss a thing.
I am not creative either. That's definitely evidenced by the title of my blog, Olivia and Spencer.
So here I am. . . this blog has come to serve as my own journal and a memory book for my family. Looking back at when I started, Olivia was the exact age Spencer is now. I can't believe what happened when I blinked. When my kids read and look at this blog someday, I hope they can see my heart in it... how much I love them, how much I love Richard, and most importantly how much I love the Lord and desire they love Him and have a personal relationship with Him, too. I don't know if it shows through like I want it to in my writing, or my life for that matter. It is what I want for my children more than anything else.

No comments:
Post a Comment