Wow! Where is the month going? Where is the year going for that matter? Cinnamon Gum! We're almost to Christmas and I need to remind myself what we were thankful for through the month of November and the Thanksgiving Challenge.
This year Olivia thought of something she was thankful for almost every evening. Her list included the following:
God helps her be good, God is with her, her house, her family, food, lunch at McDonald's (aka Donald's), God watches over us when we are driving, the toys she is going to get for her birthday (Nov. 8), her dogs Dodger and Lucy, her school, the leaves on the trees changing color, this wonderful day, God gives us birthdays... and hers is coming up (Nov. 13), God helps her be good and eat her vegetables, her birthday! (Nov. 17), a visit from Grama Tootie, friends who came to her party, her room, and her new princess blankets.
My list this year is similar to that of last year, but I am so truly thankful for these things. I am thankful for: an incredible husband, two beautiful children, a wonderful mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law, my wonderful Grandma Lane, a roof over my head, food for every meal, reading the Bible and bedtime stories to my kids, a warm, cozy home and comfortable bed, the freedom to vote (election day), Nancy Pelosi is no longer House speaker, story time at the library and quality time with my family, weekends- time off to relax and enjoy my family, the health of my family and me, God's protection, God's design for families to include Mom and Dad, a loving day care environment for my kids, where they are loved and taught the Word of God, the freedoms we have in this country, and those who fought and/or died for those freedoms (Veteran's Day), my education and the opportunities it brought/brings, baking cupcakes with my kids, pre-school Sunday school kids and their songs and memory verses, special times with my kids and friends (a trip to Monkey Bizness), my sweet girl has blessed our lives for four wonderful years (Nov. 17), my "baby" boy has blessed our lives for 21 wonderful months (Nov. 19), a visit and safe trip home from my mom, Bible study fellowship and the study of Isaiah, and a safe commute 3 days of the week.
Last but not least, I am thankful for the verse Olivia memorized in November:
"Nothing is impossible with God", Luke 1:37. I am thankful for God, His character, and His Word. I am thankful that no matter how many mistakes I make, He always forgives me, thanks to the blood of Christ. There's no mistake I make that is impossible for Him to fix. I thank God for that. I thank Him that He works all things together for good for those who love Him and are called to his purpose (Romans 8:28).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment