Last Sunday was definitely my best Mother's Day ever. I only have two to choose from at this point, but last Sunday couldn't be beat. I bought a bike not long after Richard and I got married, almost four years ago. He had a nice bike and I had great expectations for the two of us. I used it for the very first time on Mother's Day, and if I never use it again it was still worth every penny! We bought a bike trailer for Olivia and headed to the Boise Greenbelt (a path that runs all the way from Garden City, along the Boise River, up to the Lucky Peak reservoir).
It was very strange for me to be back on the Greenbelt. We started our ride at the Riverfront apartments, where I lived when I first moved to Boise, over six years ago. I used to run that path from early spring to late fall and I have so many memories of it. My life was so much different then; I was praying so hard that someday I would have a family of my own to love. Never in a million years did I imagine I would be back, six years later, on a bike, with a daughter as wonderful and sweet as Olivia and a husband as thoughtful and caring as Richard. God answered my prayer and gave me more than I ever dreamed possible. What an incredible Creator we serve, that he hears each of our prayers and answers them in His perfect timing!
When we put Olivia in the trailer, she immediately started crying. However, it didn't take long for her to warm up to the idea. We had a blast and rode all the way to Julia Davis Park. It was so much fun! I wish we could spend every Sunday afternoon that way! Now every morning when we load up in the car to go see Miss Margie, Olivia points to the red trailer and smiles. I can read her beautiful blue eyes and they are saying "Take me again, mom, let's go again".
Before I log off, I do want you all to notice the Dodger love we all showed . . . Yes, Olivia's purple hat does say LA . . . thanks Grama Linda!!!.

No comments:
Post a Comment