skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Give the Dog a Bone . . . or Some Pizza
As I've mentioned before, Olivia loves to feed the dogs.
This is basically how she is supposed to do it. Olivia fills up the small cup with food and empties it into the big bowl. She usually spills quite a bit. When this happens, she carefully picks up each piece, one by one, and puts them back into the big bowl. Richard or I often help her to speed this process up. Once the dog bowl is full, sometimes Olivia decides to excercise portion control for her friends. If this is the case, she then scoops food from the big bowl back into the gray dog food container. Feeding the dogs could easily take her fifteen minutes to half an hour if we would allow it.
Next come the dog bones, and they are so high. Lucy gets one bone; she swallows hers in two gulps and you have to be careful she doesn't take your hand with the bone. Bandit gets half a bone; I think Lucy eats his. Dodger gets a bone, too. He runs around the yard with his so that Lucy doesn't take it or he brings it in the house, hides it, and saves it for later.
This is how Olivia is not supposed to feed the dog. However, I must admit Dodger saves me a lot of clean up time. By the way, if you are wondering why Olivia has no clothes on, her neat freak Mom removed them before she started in on her messy pizza. She gets dressed again as soon as dinner is over.
She is so cute! I love your blog!
ReplyDelete